Did you know that in Calabria there are 6 Paths mapped and recognised by MiC and CAI? Set off and you will discover that crossing Calabria on foot is a unique experience that will make you appreciate all the charm of a region with a green heart and a blue profile, from north to south, from sunrise on the Ionian Sea to sunset on the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The Paths of Calabria are dedicated to those seeking an introspective and emotional travel experience, to be savoured at a slow pace. What to expect? Evocative itineraries through unspoilt nature, historic villages, culture and extraordinary landscapes, Mediterranean scents and flavours, marked by centuries-old woods and olive groves, where you can breathe in history and your gaze wanders beyond the sea.
Choose from the proposals the Path of Calabria that suits you!
- Basilian Way - Itinerary in the footsteps of the Italo-Greek monks, known as Basilians because they were inspired by the example of St Basil the Great. A route that interweaves history, art and spirituality, covering Calabria from north to south, for a total of 1390 km divided into 73 stages.
- Path of St Francis of Paola - Itinerary retracing the footsteps of St Francis of Paola, the Paola Franciscan friar who is the Patron Saint of Calabria. A mystical, cultural and naturalistic experience in the central places of St Francis' cult, along a 112 km route.
- Kalabria Coast to Coast - An authentic adventure over 55 km and 3 stages, to experience the thrill of crossing Calabria from the Ionian to the Tyrrhenian Sea, the narrowest point in Italy, enjoying sunrise and sunset over two seas.
- Path Calabria Italy - An extraordinary naturalistic journey inland, 654 km long and divided into 34 stages, which along the Apennine ridge connects the 3 National Parks (Aspromonte, Sila and Pollino) and the Serre Regional Park.
- Brigante Path - Itinerary linking the Aspromonte National Park to the Serre Regional Park for a length of 140 km in 7 stages, retracing the historical suggestions on the trail of brigands, in an area with an archaic flavour.
- English Path - Itinerary inspired by the 19th century Grand Tour of the writer Edward Lear, it crosses Grecanica Calabria in the Aspromonte National Park for a total of 7 stages and 110 km.
An immersive experience, in close contact with nature, which along a 545 km route offers an unparalleled variety of landscapes, to be enjoyed with all the senses and breathed in at the top of one's lungs.
The Parks Cycle Route crosses the 3 Calabrian National Parks (Pollino, Sila and Aspromonte) and a Regional Park (Serre Vibonesi), as well as numerous Reserves and Protected Areas, each with its own peculiarities of flora and fauna. A landscape heritage that combines the territory's biodiversity with breathtaking views overlooking the sea, without neglecting the charm of the ancient villages set in the mountains.
Pedal after pedal, from Pollino to Aspromonte, you will find yourself in perfect harmony with nature and the values of sustainable tourism, at a slow pace, respecting the history and geography of these ancient places.