Church of San Pietro Apostolo

Chiesa di San Pietro Apostolo

Place of worship

The building has architectural lines rebuilt after the earthquake of 1905: the bell tower and the main facade, completely restored, have complied with totally new approach of the second half of the nineteenth century. Inside, the space is large priesthood under Our Lady of Romania, icon of seventeenth century that reproduces original table of Tropea Cathedral. 

Notable ancient painting of Madonna of Rosary, attributed to G. Grimaldi, painter from Tropea of the eighteenth century, and Resurrection by Agostino Petracca, local painter of the nineteenth century. Positive organ by Domenico Pitillo (1837) has been restored and is working. Ancient painting of St. Peter is attributed to Jacopo Negretti, known as Palma il Vecchio (1480-1528), is placed in the bottom of the nave, where there are also the statues of Madonna del Carmine (nineteenth century), St. Giuseppe (XIX century) and Assumption (Chiarello, 1929). The tabernacle of polychrome marbles of the eighteenth century and holy water source are two objects of great documentary value. The panels of Stations of the Cross are work of plaster casts by Roman sculptor Angelo Fattinnanzi (XX century). Church also contains a painting of St. Nicholas (1849) and wooden sculpture of Child Jesus sleeping (eighteenth century).

https://calabriastraordinaria.it/en/places/church-of-san-pietro-apostolo-ricadi

Informazioni Utili
JVG8+G5, Ricadi
How to get

Mappa

Ultimo aggiornamento: Apr 17, 2024 8:10 AM