Church of Santa Chiara

3f8298dcd97e012f8de44e4566e5085c

Place of worship

The Church was consecrated in 1552 and annexed to Convent, it has a single entrance with a portal in stone made by local workers, even if nature calls reminiscences of fifteenth century in  the friezes that adorn median strips of the stem, enclosed by columns. During the restoration of 1957 they were replaced the tuffs of the stairs and wooden coffered ceiling. Are original tiled floor of '700 and three gilded wooden altars in Baroque style. Precious blades that adorned the altars, including San Nicola di Bari by Solimena, can be seen today at Chiesa Matrice.

https://calabriastraordinaria.it/en/places/church-of-santa-chiara-fiumefreddo-bruzio

Informazioni Utili
63P8+G8, Fiumefreddo Bruzio
How to get

Mappa

Ultimo aggiornamento: Oct 16, 2023 12:53 PM