Find out how to get to Calabria, depending on where you come from, whether you decide to travel independently or rely on public transport.
Below you will find all the useful information on how to get to Calabria, with links to institutional reference sites to consult lines, routes, timetables, travel times and ticketing.
The Autostrada del Mediterraneo A2 crosses Calabria and it connects the region with the rest of the country, from north to south, thanks to its natural connection with the Autostrada del Sole A1.
From Salerno (Campania), travelling along the A2, it is possible to reach all tourist destinations directly or via internal link roads.
- Riviera dei Cedri (Alto Tirreno), Parco Nazionale del Pollino → 1 h 45 m
- Costa degli Achei (Alto Ionio), Cosenza → 2 h 15 m
- Parco Nazionale della Sila → 2 h 40 m
- Catanzaro, Costa degli Aranci → 3 h 30 m
- Crotone, Costa dei Saraceni → 3 h 50 m
- Tropea, Costa degli Dei → 3 h 50 m
- Reggio Calabria, Costa Viola, Riviera dei Gelsomini, Parco Nazionale dell’Aspromonte → 4 h 15 m
From Taranto (Apulia), you can take State Road 106 'Jonica' which runs along the entire Ionian coast, from north to south, as far as Reggio Calabria.
The railway network provides connections to the main cities of northern, central and southern Italy. The high-speed trains of Trenitalia and Italo connect the stations of Paola, Lamezia Terme, Reggio Calabria and Sibari with several Italian cities, including Milan, Turin, Verona, Bolzano, Rome and Naples. Within the region, you can travel on Trenitalia's regional train network.
Find the best solution for getting to Calabria by train with Trenitalia or Italo.
There are three airports in Calabria that connect the region with the most important Italian and international cities through scheduled services and charter flights: Lamezia Terme, Crotone and Reggio Calabria.
>> How to arrive by plane in Calabria: all direct flights
Calabria is connected to numerous Italian locations by a dense network of bus lines. From the cities of Northern Italy, passing through the Centre and the South, it is also possible to reach tourist destinations by bus.
With regard to connections by sea, there are many marinas and commercial ports in Calabria, both on the Ionian and Tyrrhenian coasts.
- Cosenza Province: Amantea - Belvedere Marittimo - Cariati - Cetraro - Corigliano Rossano - Sibari
- Catanzaro Province: Pontile di Soverato
- Crotone Province: Cirò Marina - Crotone - Crotone Nuovo - Le Castella
- Reggio Calabria Province: Gioia Tauro - Palmi - Reggio Calabria - Roccella Jonica - Scilla - Villa San Giovanni
- Vibo Valentia Province: Tropea - Vibo Valentia
From Sicily it is possible to reach Calabria by ferry, from the Port of Messina and the islands with a strong tourist vocation.
Book your ticket with Bluferries (Italian State Railways Group)
Caronte&Tourist routes and timetables
Discover all Calabria's seaports